More anti cellulite ab exercises
5. Anti cellulite exercise: Flutter kicks
- Lie flat on your back then put your legs out straight in front of you – make sure the centre of your back is pushed into the floor.
- Move your legs quickly, up and down in a ‘flutter-like’ motion.
- Engage your core and remain tight throughout the movement.
- Repeat for the full minute.
Tips: If it's too easy. Lift your head up to really feel a good stomach crunch. If it's too difficult. Place hands underneath bottom to arch your back into the floor.
6. Anti cellulite exercise: Roll outs
- Adapt the exercise: Use an exercise ball or, alternatively, use a piece of clothing on laminate flooring!
- Start on your knees with hands out in front of you and clasp hands onto the clothing/exercise ball.
- Begin to roll forward slowly, keeping your body straight and core tight.
- Once you're fully stretched outwards, begin to come back in and squeeze the core.
- Repeat for the full minute
7. Anti cellulite exercise: Ankle reaches
- Lie with your back flat on the floor and position your knees bent and facing the ceiling.
- Spread your feet to the width of the mat before beginning to lift your chest off the floor – don’t tighten the neck whilst doing so.
- Arms just be positioned out straight in front of you with hands pointed towards the feet.
- Engaging your core, move side to side to tap each ankle – repeat for the full minute.
8. Anti cellulite exercise: Walk out
- Bend down and position yourself on your hands and feet.
- Putting one hand first, begin to slowly walk forward to balance straight on hands and feet – don’t swing the pelvis whilst doing so.
- Walk out past your shoulders to ensure your core is holding the majority of your weight.
- Begin to slowly reverse the movement to return to starting position. Repeat for the full minute. It might make a microwave minute seem like seconds!
9. Anti cellulite exercise: The plank
- Begin by kneeling down on the floor and position your arms shoulder-width apart, resting on your upper arms at a 90-degree angle.
- Engage your core, glutes, hamstrings, quads – everything must be squeezed tight in this exercise! *Keep the body straight throughout the movement for as long as you can hold it.
- Try to hold for the full minute or split into sections if needed.
10. Anti cellulite exercise: Side plank
- Lying on one of your sides, push yourself up to be on both feet – one foot in front/behind your body is okay.
- Imagine a line from head-to-toe pulling your body straight, pushing your pelvis towards the ceiling to fully engage your obliques.
- Your free arm can be positioned up, down/resting on your body – it’s a matter of choice.
- Repeat for a full minute and you can switch it up!
Tips: If it's too easy: “Add a tiny bit of a (side) crunch, but make sure your body stays in a straight line, from head-to-toe and be sure to keep breathing.” – Concentration makes you hold your breath!
Topics in this article: cellulite exercises