Anti cellulite ab exercises
Besides wrecking our butts and legs, cellulite can sometimes affect even out abs. What can we do about it? Well we could try to work out as efficiently as possible and eat as healthy as we can, right?
If you want a toned abdominal area without it being hurt by cellulite, then you can check out these anti cellulite ab exercises.
This workout can be done in a progressive manner. As a beginner you can complete a minute of each exercise to start it off, with 1 minute of rest between each exercises or you could perform the entire workout 3 times over for a full abs session!
1. Anti cellulite exercise: Leg Raises
- Lie flat on the floor, pushing the centre of your back into it.
- Keep your core tight and raise your legs at a 90 degree angle.
- Hold for a second and slowly lower back down to just above the floor (hovering).
- Repeat for a full minute – Remember to squeeze and keep breathing throughout!
- If it's too difficult. “Place your hands just underneath your bottom to allow the centre of your back to push down into the floor to make it a little bit easier.”
- If it's too easy. “Raise your head and the top of your chest off the floor and it really allows you to engage your core that little bit more.”
2. Anti cellulite exercise: Russian Twists
- Take the position of a Martini glass – a straight upper body and upper legs with lower legs resting (as shown above.)
- Keep the upper body straight whilst really twisting around to one side with hands closed together – twist past your hips.
- Keep your chest open towards the ceiling whilst twisting consistently to each side – remember to breath throughout the movement.
- Continue twisting through the core strain to really dig deep into the obliques.
If it's too easy: “Make this a little a bit harder – raise your legs up; you need to make sure you’re keeping the legs nice and straight and they’re not moving side to side.”
3. Anti cellulite exercise: V Sit Ups
- Begin sitting on your lumbar area.
- Keep your body upright, before lengthening out to bring your body into a straight line, positioned with a flat back.
- Bring your feet above the floor and immediately squeeze your stomach back to the ‘Martini’ starting position.
- Inhale as you release to the floor, ensuring your feet remain hovering – exhale as you push back to the centre.
Tips: If it's too difficult: “Put your hands down at the back – as you’re coming down, rest your body onto your hands and use your arms to push you back up. Keep breathing!
4. Anti cellulite exercise: Bicycle Crunches
- Position your legs as if to ride a bicycle (yes, really!) and raise your chest slightly off the floor to where your bra strap would rest.
- Twist and turn your elbows to alternative sides – ensure they reach the tip of the opposite knee.
- Speed up or slow down the motion according to personal preference.
- Continue to repeat for the full minute, keeping breathing under control.
Tips: Keep your core engaged; keep pushing through and make sure you breath the whole time.
Topics in this article: cellulite exercises