At home cellulite massage technique
Massage can aid the circulatory and lymphatic systems. Massaging cellulite is also beneficial for targeting those difficult areas that can’t always be targeted through exercise, such as the inner knee and upper thigh.
Cellulite treatments with cellulite massage
Cellulite treatments that include massage base their techniques and theories on the concept that vigorous massage helps to increase blood circulation, removing toxins and reducing excessive amounts of fluid in areas that contain cellulite.
Methods of anti cellulite massage
Cellulite treatments that use massage vary, depending on the methods utilized. Many topical solutions, such as herbal extracts and seaweed products, require application using manual massage with hands and fingers, while others require mechanical massage.
Endermologie, a cellulite massage therapy, uses a hand-held device designed to knead your skin between rollers. The slight improvement you may notice after giving yourself a cellulite massage is unfortunately only temporary so you are going to have to keep on doing it.
Also, in order to make your mission a bit more bearable I would advise you to change some of your lifestyle habits, one of them being eating the foods to burn cellulite.
How to do an anti cellulite massage at home?
These are the guidelines for the home based anti cellulite massage:
- Preparation of the anti cellulite massage: Apply oil, starting from feet or knees and moving upwards, to help encourage the increased flow of blood through the peripheral veins and capillaries of your circulatory system.
- Kneading anti cellulite massage: Use finger kneading for smaller areas (inner knee, upper arms or calves) and hand kneading on larger areas (hips, thighs and stomach) to bring the blood closer to the surface. It is a squeeze-and-lift type of massage - like kneading bread dough - which eliminates waste deposits.
- Knuckle anti cellulite massage: Use your fists to crush into those ugly cellulite bulges. By pressing hard enough to break up the fat deposits, your body's own metabolism will be able to better deal with them naturally.
- The "S" anti cellulite massage: This means grasping a large portion of the problem area in each hand, making sure your thumbs are at right angles. Twist the flesh in opposite directions as if to form the letter "S" with the folds.
- The twisting part of the massage: Relax your muscles. Grasp portions of flesh with both hands and twist as if wringing out a wet towel. Use this massage on your thigh, hips and even ab area where cellulite is noticeable.
- Ending the anti cellulite massage: Finish your daily massage with heavy stroking with deep pressure (as in step 1) - from the extremities upwards. This is to encourage the upward flow of freed deposits to their ultimate elimination by metabolic action of lymphatic drainage and normal blood flow.