Anticellulite exercises to tone your legs and booty
Anti cellulite products, foods or treatments aside, exercise is one of the most effective ways to reduce the appearance of cellulite. The key is to combine strength moves with regular HIIT sessions. Strength training improves the tone of muscle tissue, so your legs and butt look smoother. High-intensity intervals can burn lots of calories during a workout and keep your metabolism elevated afterward. This 30-minute combo routine, done three days a week, will produce results in as little as four weeks.
How to do the anti cellulite workout
Start with the strength routine, designed to target your lower body. You'll need a set of weights, a resistance band, and a stair or step. Do the "A" set first, then without resting do the "B" set. Repeat the whole sequence two more times, for a total of three sets of each exercise.
After you finish with the anti cellulite exercises, get straight to the Interval anti cellulite workout.
1. Reverse Lunge
Anti cellulite exercises: Glutes, quads
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, arms at sides, holding a medium-weight dumbbell in each hand.
- Lunge behind you with right foot, bending both knees 90 degrees. Hold for 1 count; return to start and repeat. Do 12 to 15 reps; switch legs.
2. Romanian Deadlift
Anti cellulite exercises: Glutes, hamstrings
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, knees slightly bent, holding a dumbbell in each hand with palms facing body.
- Slowly bend forward, driving glutes behind you while keeping knees slightly bent.
- Tighten glutes and stand up. Do 8 to 10 reps.
3. Standing Calf Raise
Anti cellulite exercises: Calves
- Stand on a stair or step with heels of both feet hanging over edge.
- Slowly lift up onto balls of feet. Hold for 1 count, then lower feet until heels are just below step. Do 8 to 10 reps.
- Challenge: Do the move on one leg at a time.
4. Side Step with Band
Anti cellulite exercises: Glutes, outer thighs
- Tie a resistance band around shins, then stand with feet wide enough to feel some tension in the band, knees bent about 45 degrees.
- Step right foot a few inches to right, followed by left foot.
- Take about 12 to 15 steps; switch directions. Repeat deadlift/side-step series.
Anti cellulite interval workout
You can do this 12- to 16-minute workout indoors on a stationary bike (increase resistance) or outside running or walking (use speed bursts). Use your Rate of Perceived Exertion (RPE), or how difficult the exercise feels on a scale of 1 to 10.
- 3-5 minutes: Warm up, low intensity (RPE 3-4).
- 15 seconds: Speed or resistance burst; increase speed or resistance from moderate to heavy (RPE 7-8).
- 45 seconds: Recover at low to moderate intensity (4-5).
- Repeat intervals of 15 seconds of work/45 seconds of recovery for a total of 6 times (work up to 8 times).
- 3-5 minutes: Cool down.